Human Performance Project
Chula Vista Spring Training
- location Chula Vista, CA 91911
- Open to Students, coaches and administrators
The HPP Spring Session in San Diego is a chance to immerse yourself in the Olympic Training Center environment while you learn from US Navy SEALs as well as athletes and coaches from Olympic and professional sport. These two days are designed to give students and coaches the best tools and information to make the best choices for optimizing mental/physical health and performance. Sessions for students, coaches and administrators.
- Physiology of elite performance – sleep management, nutrition, effects of alcohol/tobacco/other drugs
- The changing nature of marijuana products
- Vaping: facts vs fiction
- The opioid crisis – athletes and opioids; youth opioid risk factors
- Building resilience and managing stress
- Creating a culture of championship
- Teamwork and leadership
- Communication, conflict resolution, peer intervention
- Teambuilding physical training
- How to implement HPP programming in your team or school
- John Underwood – founder of Life of an Athlete Human Performance Project; former Olympic coach and world champion athlete; human performance consultant to the US Navy SEAL Teams. John will share his deep understanding of training, recovery and lifestyle factors that drive elite performance.
- Shaun Huls – The Director of High Performance for the Philadelphia Eagles will discuss the human performance optimization strategies he has developed over his career, from coaching US Navy SEALs to winning the 2018 Superbowl.
- Hunter Church – The youngest member of the USA Boblsed team shares what it took for him to make the journey from small-town high school athlete to qualifying his sled for the Sochi Olympic Games.
- Mark Cooley – Head coach of the CA state champion Pleasant Valley Vikings football team discusses how the use of HPP principles contributed to his team’s championship culture.
- Applied Performance Sciences – former and current US Navy SEALs discuss the factors that lead to elite physical and mental performance at the individual and organizational levels.
Price includes admission to all sessions, all meals in the OTC dining facility, lodging for two nights and access to the recreational facilities.